Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cupcakes and Cameras

I know I am a little late, but hey, I'm late for everything... you guys should be used to it by now haha.  Weigh in day was Sunday: 309.2 =)  Considering all of the ridiculous things that have gone into my mouth this weekend, I will be eternally grateful for that!  My Dad came down to spend the weekend with us, and we decided (very last minute) to have a cookout for the 4th (even though it was on the 2nd... but hey, who's counting?)  I made a delicious and not-so-terrible-for-me angel food cake topped with fat free cool whip, reduced sugar crushed pineapple and yummy fresh strawberries.  It was sooo good!  I had a really good time with all of the people that came over.  It's a nice change for us to have people over rather than us going to them.  My Dad is an EXCELLENT cook (you can ask anyone.... I don't think you will find a single person to disagree).  He made some homemade chili and slaw- both of which were awesome, and we had hamburgers, hot dogs, and grilled chicken.  My friend also made an amazing fruit salad - I was in Heaven!


I know that I mentioned to you guys last week that I was heading to NoDa (the artsy neighborhood nearby) on Friday to sell my cupcakes.  I was really hoping that things would go well, but they didn't.  They were AMAZING!!  I sold EIGHT DOZEN cupcakes in just 4 hours.  When you're selling one or two per customer, that's a lot of cupcakes!  I made a good amount of money and gave out tons of business cards.  I will definitely be doing that again!  I also bought a new camera this weekend so I can take pictures of my little beauties =) 

Now, on to a more serious note.  I called my Band Doc today to make an appointment.  I am right at 2 months, so it's time for a check up, and probably a fill, too.  My dreams came crashing to the floor!  I was informed that my surgeon is leaving the practice and that there are no openings with the other surgeon until MID AUGUST.  Ummm.... no sir.  This does NOT work for me.  I have started learning my body, and I have learned that it's time for a fill.  A month from now I am afraid that I will be back to my pre-surgery weight.  Now, I know that's not a logical thought, but I just don't like the feeling of not being able to schedule an appointment for over a month.  This is especially irritating considering how they stress the importance of keeping good communication with your surgeon and keeping your check up appointments, especially in the first year after surgery.  I will try calling to see if they may have some cancellations here and there, and maybe be on the look out for a new fill doctor.  :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment