Sunday, September 11, 2011

Could it be? The sweet spot?!

So I realized this morning while doing my weekly weigh in that I haven't posted in nearly a month!  What's wrong with me?!!!  Absolutely nothing.. I've just been crazy busy and on the go.

Hmm... Where to start... Well since today is Sunday, and my official weigh in day... I will start with that.  This morning I was 291.2!! =)  That means I am down 61 pounds, and I am so happy.  I have gotten down to an 18 on the top, and 20/22 (depending on the style) on the bottom.  I haven't been this size since I was a sophomore in HIGH SCHOOL.  I had a small fill (.5cc) on Wednesday, and I can definitely feel the restriction now... but not in a bad way.  I'm afraid to jinx myself, but I think that I may have just hit the "sweet spot"!  For those of you who aren't as familiar with the band... the "sweet spot" is the point where your band is perfectly filled.  Your eating is restricted, but not too restricted... you are losing, but not too quickly.  In other words... the perfect adjustment.

A few weeks ago, Daniel and I went on a much needed vacation for a whole week!   We went to the beach... a place that I love to go simply because I can relax and get away from everything, but also a place that I honestly hate going outside in.  I know that sounds silly, but as a girl weighing 352 pounds... I didn't exactly feel comfortable frolicking on the beach with half naked 110 pound girls in bikinis.  I haven't owned a bathing suit since I was about.... oh 12 or so.  I have always just worn a tank top and shorts out on the beach.  However, this trip I decided to try something new.  Daniel and I went into one of those stores that you see about every 6 feet at Myrtle Beach (Eagles I think...), and I actually found quite a few swimsuits that were suitable for a plus size girl, but not something that looked like my grandmother designed it.  After just 2 tries, I found something that I was completely in love with.  I actually teared up when I saw myself in it.  Daniel was smiling from ear to ear when I came out of the dressing room.  It was one of the best moments I have had in my weight loss journey.  Up until that point, the only thing that topped it was the day that I looked down at the scale and the number started with a 2 instead of a 3.  That was a great day =)  A few days later, we went for a stroll on the boardwalk, and as I was watching the sunset over the water, Daniel took a picture of me from behind.  When he showed me the picture a few minutes later, I started crying right then and there on the boardwalk.  Not just a stray tear, but a genuine cry.  I had no idea how much my body has changed since I started this journey, and until I saw that picture, I felt like I had not been as successful as I would have liked.  It was an amazing feeling that I wish I could share with each and every one of you.  Unfortunately, our condo was broken into during our stay and my purse was stolen with camera inside.  So that memory is something that I will just have to make sure I hold on to myself =)

In other news... Daniel and I have been busy, busy, busy making wedding plans.  We have completely changed ALL of the plans that we thought we had decided on before.  I don't want to give away too may details, but I think having everything in one location will be much less stressful than trying to move around.  Also, I really like the ideas that have come to mind since deciding on the new location.  I am an extremely creative, DIY craft type person... and this place is going to feed my addiction!!  I'm very excited for everyone to see it, and I am hoping that everyone loves it just as much as Daniel and I love it.  I can't wait until I finally get to the point that I can go dress shopping =)  This morning, we were trying to decide on some of the ceremony music... I cried during almost every song~haha.  What can I say, I'm just an emotional person.  I got it honestly though.  Most of the ladies in my family will cry at the drop of a hat.  Not a bad thing, just sometimes inconvenient haha!

Speaking of wedding planning, I took a break from making an Excel spreadsheet of wedding guests, so I must get back to the task at hand.  I just wanted to make sure that  I didn't neglect you guys any longer!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Great weigh in !!! I just got my first fill so I'm still trying to feel things out ... keep up the great work !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job girl!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! new follower here - was directed to you from Amy W.'s blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's for the encouragement you guys! Also, welcome Trisha! I hope you enjoy my craziness! haha

    ReplyDelete