Saturday, June 18, 2011

It Hurts So Good!

This week has flown by!  Some really good things happened, though =)  I finally broke down and went shopping for clothes.  I was to the point where I was so busy trying to hold my pants up all day that I couldn't get anything else done~haha.  I know this is a good problem to have, but slightly annoying (and expensive).  So... I went to my trusty Lane Bryant for some new work pants and bras (this part I was more sad than happy about, but eh... such is life).  I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I am a 26/28 on the top and bottom, though usually more of a 28.  So, I decided to get some 26 pants and give them a try.  TOO BIG!  Baggy in my crotch, butt, legs, waist... etc etc.  It looked like I was smuggling a small child in my pants or something.  So, on to the 24.  PERFECT =)  I haven't been able to wear a 24 in about 3 or 4 years.  I just stood there in the dressing room, grinning from ear to ear and staring at myself in the mirror.  I was also able to get into a 22/24 top, and even in some cases an 18/20 top!  This one, however, is both good and bad.  Good because I can tell a HUGE (no pun intended) difference in my back rolls - most of them have packed up and moved back to the bakery they came from!  Bad because my ladies have been shrinking along with the rest of my body.  I was a 46DD before, now I am a 44D.  Still more than enough, but I don't want this lady losing to become a trend!  I bought one pair of black dress pants, one cute shirt, and a couple of bras.  I tried on my new outfit for Daniel (my fiance) last night, and he proceeded to dry hump my leg.  It was flattering =) 

This weekend I am heading to Virginia to visit my wonderful family!  I haven't been up since Easter, so I am really looking forward to seeing everyone (and for everyone to see me).  Most of them haven't seen me since before I started the liquid diet, and I have lost a little more than 20 pounds since then.  Not that I will be fishing for compliments, but it's always nice when someone notices a difference in you, right?  

Daniel and I went and had massages last night.  It's been a while since my last one, and my shoulders were in dire need!  Daniel has never had one.. until now!  He loved it, as did I.  But, oh!  I am sore this morning!  It hurts so gooood!  I don't know why, but I don't feel like I have had a successful massage unless I am sore the next day.  That tells me that my muscles were really worked.  We went to a massage school, and I don't know if any of you have ever done that, but basically it's where students are alllllmost done with their training to become massage therapists and they need a certain number of clinic or practice hours before they can become licensed.  This may not seem like a big deal to you, but to me it means paying $25 for an hour long massage vs. $60-$75 at a spa.  I know a lot of colleges have the same type of program for their cosmetology students, and you can get hair cuts or highlights, etc at a really reduced price.  I'm not sure that I am quite brave enough for that one yet.  I mean, think about it.  If the massage therapist messes up, who is going to know but you?  Someone accidentally hacks all of your hair off and colors it green... yeah, everyone knows haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment