Thursday, May 5, 2011

Adventures in Cupcakes

This is day 2 of the liquid diet....  aside from the HORRIBLE headache I woke up with (caffeine withdrawal, I'm sure), everything has been going fine.  I am supposed to be "eating" 1000 calories/day and 60 grams of protein.  Believe it or not, it was very difficult to hit that 1000 calories on both days!  I mean, when your tummy is filled with liquid all day, you aren't really craving that next "meal".

Let me just say that I am NOT a soup eater.  I don't like my food to touch even on a plate, so soup is kind of torture, considering it's just a big bowl of different foods touching~haha.  However, I had Campbell's Soup at Hand for lunch today- the New England Clam Chowder one- and I actually really enjoyed it!  I will keep that one in mind the next time I head to the grocery store.

So... to explain my title (and the name of my blog, for that matter)... I am OBSESSED with cupcakes.  Not eating them, but making them... As a matter of fact I very seldom eat even one of the cupcakes I make, simply because by the time I cook 4 dozen in a week, I am sick of them!  I am trying to start up a little business on the side... and eventually own my very own bakery!  That will come with time.  My best friend volunteered to take some of my creations to her new job tomorrow.  Free advertising, if you will.  So, tonight I experimented and made a Cookie dough cupcake.  It's a chocolate chip cupcake with cookie dough frosting.  I found a recipe without eggs for the frosting, so it's safe to eat.  

I did a good job and I didn't cheat!  The down side to that is that I have no idea how the finished product tasted.  I guess we'll see after tomorrow, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment