Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stuck! (In more ways than one...)

I was a little disappointed with my scale this morning.  I am still stuck at 316.6 - really?!  Down to the ounce the same weight as Sunday?! I have started eating mushy food this week, so this could be the cause for the pause... we'll see this Sunday how the official weigh in goes.  I have noticed that I have lost some inches, though!  Unfortunately I didn't take any measurement immediately before surgery (they did some in the doctors office back in October when I started the whole band process), but I can tell that my clothes are getting more roomy, even my SHOES are getting a little loose! =)

Today I decided to have a chicken nugget.  This was not planned out.  I went to McDonalds for their Yogurt Parfait thingy because I was tired of eating mashed potatoes for lunch.  Well... somehow, I ended up ordering nuggets.  The words just flew out of my mouth!  I had one, and apparently got a little to excited about my long lost friend, the chicken.  (Keep in mind that I am not supposed to be trying solid foods for another 2 weeks...) I got stuck.  There have been a few other times when I *thought* I was stuck, but wasn't sure.... but oh, I was sure this time.  So... my pre-band instinct kicks in and I take a sip of drink to wash it down.  No ma'am... wrong answer.  I could feel the drink just sitting there on top of the food...not budging.  Then my mouth started to water, making the situation even worse.  It only took about 3 minutes for me to work up burp.  Up came the water, and apparently it was enough movement to get the nugget going in the right direction, cause it went down.  I think it will be a while before I try solids again.  I guess that's what I get for trying to move at my own pace and not what the doctor told me... huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment