Sunday, May 8, 2011

I've Been a Bad, Bad Girl!

Kinda reminds me of that Fiona Apple song... hmm

Anyway, today is day 6 of the liquid diet, and until now, I had been doing pretty darn good.  However, my overwhelming craving for NY Style Cheese pizza finally pulled me in today.  I gobbled it down like I hadn't eaten in.. well... 6 days haha!  But, there are brighter days ahead.  If I could do the weight loss thing on my own, I wouldn't be having a $30,000 surgery in a week.

Today is official weigh in day!  Down 8 pounds!!!  Well, technically 7.8, but I think I'm allowed to round up =)

I will put something out there that I don't think I have EVER said out loud to anyone besides my doctor.  When I started this whole surgery journey in August 2010 (you know, pre-op requirements and such)  I was at 352 pounds- my highest weight ever.  352?!  That is more than DOUBLE what my suggested body weight is.  Also, just to put it out there, I am 5'7 and I wear a size 26/28 (more on the 28 side if we're being honest) 46DD and size 10 or 11 shoe.  Today I weighed in at 328.7.  If I can get down 24 pounds all by myself (even if it DID take 9 months), imagine what is to come with the band!

Today I went walking... I did 3/4 a mile, and it actually wasn't too bad!  Egypt did not enjoy it as much... poor thing, she passed out panting in the kitchen floor.  Yesterday I got a little crazy and I cleaned the gutters on her house (yes, I climbed a ladder and everything!), picked up sticks from the yard, pulled some weeds, and spread fertilizer in the yard.  For me, this is unbelievable.  I do NOT go outside.  EVER.  Since being on this liquid diet, I have had an amazing amount of energy!  It's amazing what can happen to your body when you stop putting so much crap into it (ie:  Fast food everyday, soda, candy, etc etc).  

My pre-op appointment with my surgeon is tomorrow.  I'm excited to report my weight loss to him!  Only 8 more days til surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment