Tuesday, May 3, 2011

And it begins.....

Last night, Daniel (my fiance) and I went to my FAVORITE restaurant, Texas Roadhouse.  I got my usual, a "last supper" of sorts: a Caesar Salad and Chicken Critters (the best chicken tenders known to man, trust me!).  We had some leftovers, but I told Daniel that if we took them home, he HAD to eat them before I got home from work today, as today is the start of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. 

For those of you who aren't familiar with the band process... I will explain.  My surgeon requires that patients go on a liquid diet for two weeks prior to surgery.  The purpose of the liquid diet is to reduce body fat around the stomach and liver, as well as to shrink the liver (if it's too large, they will have to postpone surgery!)

Well... when I opened the fridge today, there they were... staring me in the face!  I quickly closed the fridge, but they were calling my name from across the room!  I quickly pulled out a can of cream of chicken soup, as this was one of the recommendations on my food list.  I dumped it in a bowl, and decided to mix it with some milk.  Well, there's trip #2 into the fridge... I grabbed the milk, and the take out box (oh no!)  I decided I would take just one bite... but a bite turned into a whole chicken tender!  I quickly shoved the box back in the fridge and went on with preparing my soup.  I felt bad about cheating, but I did so well today that I couldn't be too disappointed in myself.  I mean, there's a REASON I'm having a Bariatric surgery.... I love (bad) food!

In the end, the soup was actually pretty good.  So far I have had 7 glasses of water today, and 2 protein shakes... so I am okay with myself... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment